Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Yay!

So, something really really great happened this weekend! I'm sure a lot of you already know but I'll tell you anyway... Caleb and I got engaged! We are so excited and can't wait to start our lives together. We are getting married May 5th- Cinco de Mayo. We will never forget our anniversary I'm sure, it's Mexican pride day! Maybe to celebrate we'll go to Mexico every year! Anyways, so, a lot of people are asking how he did it and such so I am going to tell everyone now. Guys, I am one lucky lady ;)
On Friday my old roomie Lora was coming down to visit. I was working the whole day and was going to get off at 4. I was working at the spa and the whole day I kept getting weird texts from Caleb like him asking exactly what Lora and I were going to do the whole night and he kept saying things like I should take a nap and asking when I got off work and if I was going straight home after work. He doesn't live here so I thought those were kinda strange questions. Now, this whole past week I was so annoyed with him for not proposing yet! I was being such a brat, if you can imagine that! Just kidding. Little did I know that night he was going to do some scheming and pop the question. So, I went home after work around 4 and took a nap until about 6:00 (I was VERY tired) when Lora showed up. We were just talking on the couch and my mom walks in and says "Before we go to dinner, we need to stop by Kristin's (my sister) house and turn off the lights." Kristin and Cole were out of town with their kids and the lie was that Kristin's friend had gone over to her house to borrow something and had left the lights on. So, we left to go turn them on and I open the garage door and hanging from the ceiling was a note that said " Follow the twine and rose petals".  I pointed to it and looked over at my mom and Lora who were in the car and was saying how cute it was cuz I thought my brother-in-law had done it for my sister for Valentines and she just hadn't cleaned it up yet. All of a sudden my mom and Lora just took off! I ran out to the street and called her and got all fussy asking why she had left! She just said to get in the house and turn off the lights. I went in, being very annoyed, and found rose petals all over the floor throughout the house and music playing. On the twine there were pics of Caleb and I and our relationship like a timeline. There were notes and stuff that we had given eachother. Now, I'm kind of a blonde some days and was thinking my family had done this and was thinking that they were so weird. Had no idea Caleb was there. Like I said, some days I'm sorta blonde. Not often, though. Not at all. I followed the petals outside and there were more pics of us and I got to the last paper on the twine and it said something about the day you get engaged... Today! I looked around and there was Caleb on his knee and he popped the question! I was so shocked! Of course I said yes, how could I not? He's the cutest!
So, there you all have it! I am soo unbelievably happy and can't wait for May 5th. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am so blessed!

P.S- When Caleb and I had talked earlier that week and I was complaining about the fact that he hadn't asked me to marry him yet he was actually driving home from the store where he had designed my ring. I'm the worst sometimes, he forgave me for being a brat though. Like I said, I'm a lucky lady!


So, here are some pictures of it all!







This is us right after. What was going through my head was "Woo hoo, it's about time the punk asked!" Love him sooooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment